- 'I am very grateful as my income has now increased substantially.'
(Mr P, Bristol)
- 'Flexible enough to take on short term campaigns and filled our vacancies in record time.'
(Major Life Company)
- 'Professional and reliable service nationally.'
(Major Bank Assurer)
Latest Financial Services Careers News
- Thursday March 2020, 00:00:00
- COVID 19
- Thursday November 2019, 00:00:00
- Self Employed womens pensions
- Wednesday August 2018, 00:00:00
- AFH brings forward timeline on scrapping platform fees
- Tuesday May 2018, 00:00:00
- Lighthouse Group has renewed its contract with the Royal College of Nursing
- Saturday May 2018, 00:00:00
- GDPR for Financial Advice Firms
Financial Services CV Tips
We recommend that your CV is no longer than 2 pages.
The language used in a CV should be positive wherever possible and above all, honest. This is especially true of CVs for banking or CVs for finance generally. It should begin by listing Personal Details, such as name, address and contact information. If you wish you can add a short Personal Profile, of no more than a few sentences, containing a summary of your positive qualities alongside a potted employment history and your major achievements.
Your CV should be relevant to the role and customised for every new job application.
Before sending your CV, check spelling and grammar and get a good friend to look at it to check for mistakes and provide honest feedback. We welcome an opportunity to help you with this in line with.
We are currently working with the Department of Work and Pensions offering seminar workshops for recently redundant individuals. This is tailored to individual requirements placing emphasis on the following:-
- Develop positive mental attitude by understanding the current world of work and the effect of change and transition.
- Understanding your values, motivation, interests and strengths.
- Identifying and describing your transferable skills, competencies and achievements.
- Create a positive leaving statement and develop your CV, or review the effectiveness of your current CV, in the light of best practice. Build a “Brag File”.
- Understanding the importance of market research in the job search process. Looking at the resources and research methods for gathering and analysing market information.
- Developing effective strategies to exploit the key routes to the job market – visible and hidden.
- Considering and evaluating possible options and opportunities.
- Organising your job search and creating efficient record filing systems.
- Preparing for a variety of interview situations and responding effectively to common interview questions.
- Building confidence and developing key interview skills.
- Evaluating a job offer and negotiating a package
If you would like to obtain a copy of our Success Pack or discuss how we could help you in preparing for a job change or improving your interview skills……then please call 08455 199 586